A Letter to Past Melberryy

Today, ladies and gentlemen, is an incredible time. Today, I am inventing a time machine.

*Pause for dramatic effect*

I've seen a few of these posts around so I wanted to do a letter to past me, it is interesting to read and you get to see all funny pictures of me growing up. Who doesn't love that?



(Apologies for the possible non-quality of these pics, they are from approx 50 years ago. Yes I'm 59)


Dear Mel,

You will never like your full name so I'm not even gonna go there.

Hello from the future - I am your less cool descendant.

First off, I would like to get the cliche stuff out of the way. Really do try to enjoy every minute of growing up, because you will be sat pining for this moment at one time. Make the most of not always being sat behind a screen, tapping into Twitter to tell the world what you're up to. I still think you grew up at the best of times, where technology wasn't taking over, because it's going to. Enjoy the agonising wait of rewinding the VCR of Captain Pugwash because you won't be getting that anymore. And most importantly enjoy the people around you - you don't know when they won't be there.

Secondly, don't listen to anyone that says you shouldn't eat that cake. Yes, people will hate how you can eat and eat and eat and never get fat from it. And I hate you a little bit now. But I am safe in the knowledge that when I was growing up I didn't have to worry about the calories or eating that extra portion of chips. Maaaaaan I wish I could still do that.



Confidence will come. I'm not saying I'm 100% confident in myself as it is now. But I've got faith it'll come soon. I know it's something that sort of future, but not this far in the future, you're going to struggle with, so beware.

You're a really awesome person. You have a great sense of humour, you're loyal and you may look like a potato but potatoes are awesome. Just try to remember the positives even when it seems impossible.

Finally, never feel like you have to hide who you wanna be or what you wanna do. Just do what you want.

I got-cha back guuuuuurl.

PS. Decisions will always suck, but as long as you put them behind you once you make them you'll be OK. If a bad decision can't be reversed it's really not worth worrying about.

always keep ya sass gurl.





1 comments

  1. Aw this was just a lovely post! And I absolutely wish I told myself to eat that cake! When I was younger I had such a freakishly fast metabolism and should have just soaked it up while it lasted, cause no, well, sometimes I gotta say no to cake haha. Holly x https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/chronicles-holly-13610625

    ReplyDelete