Meeting Bloggers

As you must know unless you live in Antartica, 5 weeks ago I attended my very first blogger meetup, organised by some wonderful Blogging Babes - read all about that here.

The day ended up being absolutely perfect, the heavy rain parted, the delirium from my previous night shift vanished and everything went just to plan. But the part that I wanted to go right more than any of these, was the meeting of new people.



(apologies that the following might get a bit cringe)

When the wonderful Sarah started a little group private message on Twitter between Hannah, Gwennan, Nina, Amyleigh and Effi, the thought of meeting up with everybody was originally terrifying. But once we started chatting, all those anxieties just melted away.

As Sarah and I were the ones who lived in London, we met up to try and find the perfect picnic spot (and I think we did an absolutely brilliant job, if I say so myself). To be honest, this meeting did not come at a great time. It was the night after I'd left my phone on a train, had a few glasses of wine and had no idea what time it was due to lack of said phone. Sarah did send me a cheeky message the night before asking me to confirm I'm not a 48 year old man, but I told her I was 47 and that was all good.

Anyway soon the time rolled around that it was time for the Bloggers Picnic in the Park. Like I said you can read all about that on this post, so I won't go into all the ins and outs here. By this point we had been chatting for what felt like eveeeeeer, so meeting up just seemed like a normal thing to do. When we did all meet it didn't feel like it was the first time, it felt like it had just been a while. When Gwennan waltzed out the tube station with a 'Huuuuiiii Guuuiiiiz' and we started hurling all our stuff to the picnic spot. And this goes for all the wonderful people that turned up for the picnic too. It wasn't awkward at all, it was great to chat with everyone about what we're up to, and to be in company where nobody judged you for taking a thousand pictures of the food!


What's really nice that even though the picnic was over a month ago now (VOM VOM Red alert time going too fast) we're still chatting loads, whether it's about blog posts we're thinking of, collabs or even getting to know each other quizzes. It's really cool that we all have people to ask questions about blogging, because I am pretty clueless, and Hannah is a whizkid.

When I started blogging a mere 7 months ago, I didn't really know what to expect. I thought to be honest I'd write a couple of posts and then give up on it. But I'm so pleased I've managed to stick it out and last this long, because it's things like this that make me staying up when I want to sleep in order to finish a blog post worth it. I'm really going to try and make more of a conscious effort to be a bigger part of the blogging community from now on. I know there's a lot of drama floating around but it's important to remember that the majority of us are just trying to scribble down our thoughts on our piece of the internet.


1 comments

  1. This is lovely ❤️ Still so sad I couldn't make it but I reckon that's just an excuse for another meet up!

    ReplyDelete