One Year of Melberryy

YOYOYOYO.

I think this post is a bit cheeky, celebrating having a blog for a year this month when I've posted like two times since November. But still, any chance for a celebration eh.

Yeah it's been a rocky few months on this corner of the internet. And I know a lot of people are struggling with this year so far, how is it only February? I genuinely think January lasted about 3 years. But I am ready to dust off the cobwebs and start a fresh in the new Melberryy year.



 So I thought I'd write a little post about my past year, not even in the usual 'Things I learnt in my first year of blogging' way, but more what I've learnt in the last year. So here we go;




1. You can meet wonderful people all the time, in every way.
I feel like in the last 12 months I've really started putting some effort into meeting new people. Whether that's through work, online or even just mutual friends. As I write this post I've just been reminded by Gwennan that today marks the 6 months since #BloggerPitP, golly whizz. And I still talk to the wonderful girls most days, whether it's about slugs, boys or blogging problems we have genuinely covered all grounds. Without my pathetic attempt at a blog I would never have met these gals and I wouldn't be able to force them to listen to my problems. I think it's so important to have a range of friends in different circles, means you don't have to be moaning to the same people all the time.

2. If you actually want something, chances are you can get it
Sorry, this is so cringe. But basically 8 months ago I was desperately searching to move up to London, get a job in TV and stand on my own two feet (How I wish I could go back to this stage now but alas, that's the next point). After about 5/6 months of constantly applying for every job I could find, going up to London most weeks for an interview and wanting to give up about 500000 times... I finally got it. And it's not just that, I'm on my way to becoming a more confident person, I've lost almost a stone in the last couple of months (one positive to night shifts) and I'm finally beginning to believe in who I am. If you really wanted something you can just get off your bum and do it yourself. I found a quote a couple of weeks ago that kinda *spoke* to me... 'You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way' and yeah, I really kinda like it.

3. The grass is always greener. 
Remember that last point, where I was moaning about being stuck on an island dreaming about moving away by myself. Yeah, ignore that. Man, I wish I could go back to those days now. Moaning at my Mum for making me pay rent, which is A LOT less than I'm paying now, for free food, a car, and not having to work every hour possible? Where my card didn't get declined in Iceland multiple times because the woman refused to accept that there was no money on it and insisted it was the machine? Yeah take me back please. I know that right now this is mainly because I haven't been home since Christmas and I miss Jack more than life itself. If I was to move back home tomorrow I would feel completely the same about London life. The grass is always greener and you should try and enjoy life wherever you're at right now.


4. It's important to look after yourself, and STOP
I'm one of those people that just says yes to everything. Whilst this sounds great, in reality it can be highly stressful. I normally fill up my weekends, or days of my night shifts with seeing different people, making sure I utilise every second I can. I don't like sitting around thinking I could be seeing a friend, a date or a family member. And that's fine. But sometimes, you need to stop, take a breathe and look after yourself. Put Netflix (I've recently got it and I am addicted... to watching TV shows I've already soon) on, make a cake and eat yourself fully. Also, on that note, yesterday I ate 13 Yorkshire Puddings and I am proud and think it's a feat that needs to be celebrated. Or it's OK to go to the gym and beat out your stress, or buy yourself some daffodils because they look cute in your room. *tedious link to picture*

5. You will learn who will be there for you when you need it most
Think this is self explanatory but it's easy to think that you don't have any friends around you or that everyone lives across all corners of the world - but distance is no matter. One of my best friends moved to Australia this year and I still know that if I have any problems I could message her and she would always have my back... though at a terrible time of day. ;)

This accidentally turned into some sort of motivational post but I feel like this year I really am starting to like myself. And it's good.

So bring on another year of Melberryy fun and games! It's my blogs birthday on the 22nd so be sure to celebrate... though actually my blogs gonna be offline for two days as Payday doesn't line up at all well with 'GoDaddy takes money out of my account for my domain' day... don't miss me too much. 

0 comments