How I Keep In Shape (ish)

... Unfortunatley, that shape is a potato.
No. Seriously.





The picture on the right is me, probably in about 2011, and the left is me at my last week in Corfu.
I know it's probably not the biggest reverse transformation picture, but for me, I see a real difference. Now since that picture in Corfu I don't really have many more recent pictures, except in about 10 layers of Lapland clothes which kind of eliminates the point haha.


But the difference in size isn't even the thing that bugs me about these pictures - it's the lack of confidence and happiness in the way I'm standing - you can just tell, right?


I have lost about half a stone since then, but I'm still not where I wanna be.

I guess the point of this post is to motivate myself, motivate you and share what I like to do and find useful!

Bit of a different one from usual, but I'm hoping to broaden ma blog on to the healthy side!
(with a side of chocolate and salted popcorn of course) (not together)

** Sidenote: Of course, as long as you're happy with how YOU look thats the most important thing!! **

So I just want to be happy with how I look again, and here's HOW:
(so soz for the rambliness of this post, I find it kinda hard/awkward to talk about but I've been meaning to do this post for a while)

- Spinning. 
I love Spinning. When I say I love it, I mean I hate it but I love how it makes me feel, vair empowered.
It is 45 minutes of crazy hard work, I don't think I've ever sweated so much in my life (TMI soz) and my second session brought a couple of tears to my eyes, and I always struggle to walk to my car let alone drive home.

That is an accurate representation of me before vs after Spinning class. I do feel a lot healthier and fitter since beginning in January though, I find I'm slowly able to push myself more.

- Mugshots
Now these won't be for everybody, but I am well and truly obsessed. They're like healthier pot noodles (which I don't like) and you just put hot water in them and all is good. They've not got a lot of fat in them, and they're quite cheap and often on offer. I tend to buy a week or sos worth and keeping them in my car, so I don't keep going to Morrisons and buy a huge bag of share crisps for me and half a kilo of chocolate.


This leads me on to my next point about Lunches. I think to be honest a lot of my motivation comes from the fact there is no food producing facilities at work, such as a vending machine etc. I just take in my healthy stuff and there's nout I can do about it once I get to work. However, this does also go tits up because I recently learnt there's a Morrisons down the road...

- WATER
I looooooove drinking water. I cannot get enough of it. But I HATE the taste of it plain, as I've discussed before. I brought a big bottle of squash and left it on my desk to drink when I was at work... it lasted two days. I like my squash strong and I like a lot of it!! So as I've said before I bring my fruit infused water to work, specifically lemon, lime, mint and cucumber. I wrote a post all about this whic is available here if you wanna check that out. ANYWAY, try to drink constantly throughout the day, if you think you're hungry, a lot of the time you're actually thirsty! I get a headache when I don't drink enough now so I know when I'm starting to feel dehydrated. Most problems you're probably having with headaches are down to not enough water, so always try that first.



I'm currently trying to sort out my blogging schedule, making a blogging bullet journal and trying to write posts advanced to when I post them, so better things should be coming!

What are your tips on losing the weight or being more confident in your body?
Let me know below!


Don't forget to follow me on social media to keep up to date with my antics - I've FINALLY managed to get social links on the side of my blog, so use them! ;)



And yes, thats me as a potato. L O L. 

2 comments

  1. The beginning of this made me smile! Shape of a potato! I'm sure you'll get to where you want to be soon! :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah I always say I'm like that potato at the bottom!

      I hope so :) xx

      Delete