July 2016 goals

Seriously?
Seriously?
How is it July already like?!

I may be writing this in a slight prosecco-induced haze but last month did kind of vanish didn't it? I feel like Isle of Wight Festival was about 5 months ago but it was three weeks. I don't really know what I've done with this year but we've made it half way through! 2017 is already a-looming.






July is setting out to be a really exciting month, as you'll see about on a post on Monday (I'm such a tease) but I think it's going to be quite a stressful one as well. I'm excited to make a big step for me and just see where I will be this time next month! Eeeeek!

But yes, I did complete the majority of my June goals, though I still haven't gotten round to using Pinterest more to promote the old blog. I know a lot of people on my Twitter say that Pinterest gains them a lot more viewers and I think this is something I need to get on. I just find it really easy to forget about Pinterest as a way to promote this, I do the obvious on Twitter straight away but Pinterest always slips my mind! I'm gonna add Pinterest to my habit tracker so hopefully it should become more of a habit!

So here are my goals for July:

Reach 9,000 blog views
Argh this seems crazy to me. This month will only be my 5th full month of blogging and the fact that my blog has already reached over 7,300 views is insane. However this month is going to be difficult for a variety of reasons but I like to set myself a little challenge. The reason behind my huge jump to 9,000 is due to the next goal....

Schedule more tweets
I have been scheduling tweets for like the last 4 days and I have already seen my view count take a huge leap! It was after I was taking part in #thegirlgang chat about blog scheduling and the lovely Jemma said how much scheduling tweets helps gain extra views - something I'm always eager to try and improve! It's so easy to do a day at a time as well, and means it's not something else I need to worry about now I'm a full time worker and all.

Be more grateful for things in the moment
So I know this is something we all say all the time, but this time I really need to remember to do it. Looking for a place away from home as made it all hit... well, home. It's easy to get comfortable in whatever situation you may be in now, and just think of how much you'd like to take the next step, but it could all change in the beat of a heartbeat and you'll be left wishing you had made the most of it. I 100% know I will miss Jack waking me up at 6:30 am and the security of living at home. But it's a step we have to take.

Look after my hair/get it a normal colour
My hair is in absolutely horrific condition. I used to have lovely long hair but since I bleached it it has just gone down hill and now if it gets any longer just below shoulder it just looks and feels like straw. I need to start actually looking after it because I miss my mermaid hair. And as you will know if you have read my blog from the start-ish that I dyed my hair blue-y. As I don't really know what to do in order to get this out my hair I'm now left with black hair with my brown roots growing out resulting in some sort of weird ginger green glow emitting from my head. So I want to sort that out pretty stat.


Le sigh, I miss this hair.

Anyway there are my goals for July! I know a couple of them aren't blog related but hey, it's not always about good old Melberryy! I did hit a couple of milestones in June like reaching 800 Twitter followers and 150 on Bloglovin, so it's so nice to know that my numbers are improving.

Like I said, it's going to be an interesting month for me, and I'm not too sure how this may reflect on my blog, so we shall see!

Have you got any goals for July? Do you like setting goals?

4 comments

  1. I'm sure you'll make it to 9000 views this month, especially if you schedule more tweets! I don't really have goals for this month, but I like seeing what other people want to achieve. It motivates me :)

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying so hard to look after my hair at the moment too haha, bleaching it 4 times in a month has been a little bit damaging!!! Pinterest is my main traffic source but Twitter is so good for growing page views, and I notice a drop in views when I don't schedule tweets! Hope you achieve your goals :)
    Hannah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't really been setting specific blog goals, but I have been working on improving my follower numbers and trying to interact more on twitter and with other blogs. I really want to work on Pinterest but I keep forgetting!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my 5th full month of blogging too, go us! :) I don't really set monthly goals, I have yearly ones but I see a lot of monthly goal setting so maybe I need to get on it. Thanks for sharing :)
    Good luck with your hair! Coconut oil works wonders :) xx

    Effi | www.sparkleberryblog.com

    ReplyDelete