Being Grateful

It's a weird thing isn't it, to appreciate every moment?

There must be thousands upon thousands of 'inspirational quotes' inspiring you to live every day as if it was your last - but it's not really that easy is it? There are days when it's chucking it down with rain - even in July - and nothing goes to plan and you just want to appreciate the day in bed with a Dominoes and 40 tonnes of chocolate.




I know, I feels ya.

But since last Tuesday when I found out I would be moving up to London within the week, I started realising how much I under-preciate things. You start seeing the world through rose tinted glasses and only seeing good in the place you were so eager to escape yesterday.

I absolutely love(d) living on the Isle of Wight. It will always be my home.  But sometimes it does get a bit repetitive, and feel like you're simply going through the motions. You go out, see everybody you try to avoid whilst sober, an ex friend, your boss or just someone you dislike. There's only so many things you can do on an Island stuck in the 70's. But now here I am on the Tube and wishing I was on an overpriced bus to the same bit of beach I've been playing on since I was six months old.

I have an absolutely wonderful seven year old brother who is one of the brightest sunshines in my world (cringe, but true). No matter how much I love him or how much he means to me - there's only so many 6:30am starts to play Moshi Monsters top trumps one can do, even though I know he just wants to play with me. He doesn't know that I can't see straight or my brain is still asleep. But once I've caught up on sleep from lie ins I know I'd give both my arms to hear him go, 'Melllllllllllll, will you play with me?'. I guess the thing with him is, as stupid as it sounds, I don't want him to forget me. He actually said last week that he'll name his kid (he has more of a serious relationship than me, lol) Mel so that when he forgets me he'll remember to remember me. Thanks Jack.

It's a truly weird, and cliche, thing how you never know what you've got until it's gone. I don't really know what I was trying to get across in this post. Just remember (another cliche, sorry!) that the grass is not always greener on the other side, it's greener where you water it.

0 comments